Your questions answered
Art Deco Festival Dates
- 15 – 18 February 2024
- 13 – 16 February 2025
- 19 – 22 February 2026
Winter Deco Weekend Dates
- 19- 21 July 2024
- 18 – 20 July 2025
- 17 – 19 July 2026
The Art Deco Shop is open
1 October – 31 March: 9.00am – 5.00pm
1 April – 30 September: 9.30am – 2.30pm
Please direct all lost property to the office upstairs at the Art Deco Trust.
A parents room is located in Ocean Boulevard which has private feeding spaces, a play area, changing facilities and hot water. Public toilets are nearby. Ocean Boulevard can be accessed from Dickens St or Emerson St.
Road closures will be in place over the Festival within the CBD.
We will endeavor to keep an up to date page on the road closures that will take place during the festival. To see the most recent updates please visit our Transport page.
The Art Deco Trust Mobility Parks (along Herschell Street and outside the Napier iSITE) operate on a schedule. There are limited mobility parks available. For information about barrier passes/ mobility parking, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Access to the Lower Lawn is strictly for the Summer Festival only and can be gained through the gate behind Ocean Spa. These passes are available for Festival suppliers to access the marquees on the Lower Lawn and for registered vintage cars that are taking part in the Vintage Car Parade to park on the seaside of the Lower Lawn path.
No alcohol is to be brought to the Festival.
The only exception to this rule would be for the Tremains Gatsby Picnic on Sunday 18 February 2024 when the liquor ban is lifted from 1pm – 4pm.
Napier CBD is littered with plenty of wonderful food outlets, restaurants and bars not to mention the food vendors that will also be parking up at the festival below the Soundshell to make sure anyone and everyone is catered for. You will be spoilt for choice!
CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR ART DECO FESTIVAL EVENTS ONLINE
You are able to purchase tickets in person at the following locations:
- iTICKET purchases , Art Deco Centre, 7 Tennyson Street, Napier or Hastings i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, Corner of Russell & Heretaunga Street East, Hastings
- Ticketek purchases, Napier Municipal Theatre,
119 Tennyson Street, Napier.
- Eventfinda purchases, Toitoi: Hawke’s Bay Arts & Events Centre,
109 Hastings Street South, Hastings.
- Please note: The Art Deco Trust will not be able to assist with tickets for events hosted at the Napier Municipal Theatre or Toitoi Events Centre. These tickets will need to be purchased at the venue concerned or online.
iTICKET: 0508 iTICKET (0508 484 253)
Ticketek: 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 538)
Eventfinda: 0800 BUY TIX (0800 289 849)
Door sales are available at the Art Deco Trust Centre and are subject to availability and only at selected events.
All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and include GST. Booking and transaction fees apply and a credit card charge will apply to all ticket purchases.
Please refer to the Art Deco Festival Napier – Terms and Conditions in regard to refunds.
- Refunds will only be issued strictly upon a FULL cancellation of an Art Deco Festival Napier programme of events.
- In the event of a cancellation, the Art Deco Trust will endeavour to reschedule selected events from within the Festival programme.
- In the event of a postponement of an event, ticket(s) purchased will be automatically transferred to the new event date. If the ticket holder is unable to attend the event on the rescheduled date a refund will be made to the ticket holder.
- Upon the FULL cancellation of an event, the ticketing provider will refund all tickets to the credit card from which the ticket was purchased. Refunds will take place within two (2) weeks of the cancelled event date. Booking fees will not be refunded.
We have a ticket exchange website and Facebook page where people can list tickets to events they can no longer attend. The Art Deco Ticket Exchange acts as a forum that joins people looking to buy tickets and people who are selling their tickets.
There is a Taxi Stand on Hastings Street (beside the St John’s Cathedral fountain). There may be a wait on any taxi’s not pre-booked. (06) 835 7777
The Art Deco Centre – 7 Tennyson Street
Decorum Deco Attire – Decorum of Art Deco Napier New Zealand | Napier | Facebook
Napier Operatic Society (Tabard Theatre Costume Hire) – 18 Coronation Street, Napier
Napier Antique and Jewellery Centre – 65 Tennyson Street
Art Deco Costume Hire – 9 Te Aute Road
Napier Central Store – 74 Hastings Street, Napier South, Napier 4110